Monday, December 06, 2004

Stupid Spoiled Whores

I came across this charming blog after searching for my own blog on Google (hey, I wanted to see how many blogs were listed before me...it's not good...) It's a journal of the numerous liasons, both personal and professional, of a New York prostitute. Here's how she describes herself:

I love Prada, Seven jeans, and Jimmy Choos. I'm also totally addicted to Starbucks' grande non-fat white mocha and working out.

Isn't that adorable? She's just like Carrie from "Sex and the City," except instead of writing cute newspaper columns for shoe money, she gives blowjobs to the morbidly obese! Otherwise, totally the same!

No, but seriously, it's not the blogger herself that upset me. As an unemployed slob who mooches off of his parents, I can't really call other people out on their career choices.

I think there's a pretty good chance the entire thing is fake (as in, written by a dude) anyway. There's the faint whiff of a "Letter to Penthouse" around the entire enterprise. Take this excerpt:

My body eventually explodes with one of the biggest orgasms that I've experienced in a while. I let out many loud moans as each wave of pleasure washes over me.

I'm hoping that anyone who has actually experienced a female orgasm wouldn't have to go in for the hoary old "wave of pleasure" metaphor...But, then again, maybe she's a lot better in the bedroom than on the keyboard.

Like I said, it's not the blogger I take issue with. It's the comments people leave after her posts that upset me (and, yes, it's partially because no one deems my blog comment-worthy).

There are a TON of comments like the following:

Hey, I just started to read your journal thing (eh, not enough computer knowledge to know what its called) and I'm just dropping in to say that its really good and really interesting. You're life is almost exactly like how I want mine...I stumbled on your site when I was looking up Jimmy Choos online. I also adore Dior...but anyways, I'm getting off topic. Well, keep on writing Alexa!

I'll leave off people's names, but you see what I'm saying. Could this week's "South Park" have really been accurate? Is there an entire generation of young girls that will grow up thinking that prostituting their body in exchange for nice shoes is an acceptable life choice? Do I even, as a young, childless man, care about this? Answer: not really. I just thought it would make good blog conversation.

No comments: