Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A Heartbreaking Post of Staggering Genius

McSweeney's, Dave Eggers' San Francisco publishing house, runs a variety of strange, funny, bemusing or insightful articles every single day on their website, mcsweeney.net. If you don't go there daily, you obviously have a more involved life than I do. Also, you're missing some great writing.

Today's post is particularly delightful for me, an unemployed person. Writer Jon Fitch composes his half of an imaginary job interview. Here's a sample response:

I've always considered myself a man forged in the fires of fate, driven by destiny and guided by a higher hand to lead men and women of all races and genders. You don't have to write that down because it's there in red crayon, right under my poem about Gwen Stefani.

Ha ha!

No comments: