Sunday, January 02, 2005

There And Back Again

I've just made my glorious return from Northern (or, failing that, Central) California to my apartment in Los Angeles. To get here, my friend Matt and I braved one of the worst storms I have ever experienced in California. As we were coming over the mountains into San Luis Obispo, I thought there was a reasonably good chance the roads would be flooded, and we'd have no choice but to turn around, or spend the evening trolling for SLO ho's.

Thankfully, the weather remained mild enough for us to enter LA unscathed, and I'm sitting here in Culver City, cozy in my bedroom, content to never think on this day's unpleasantness again.

Other than precipitation concerns, it was a fun trip. I still enjoyed the scenery and laid-back vibe of Santa Cruz, even with the crummy weather. And it was certainly more engaging than anything I would have done here in LA in the rain. Other than updating my wonderful blog, of course.

Tomorrow, I begin my new video store job at noon. So, that'll be interesting. I'll try to update in some more significant matter once I return home.

No comments: