Monday, January 03, 2005

Just Blaze

Started my new job today, at DVD and Laserdisc superstore Laser Blazer, just off of Pico in the heart of West Los Angeles' exclusive Dry Cleaning and Overpriced Deli District.

It's going to be a fun gig, I suspect. Just chatting about films with my fellow employees, mostly, with the occassional break to get some actual work done. I wanted to work the Blazer, as opposed to just some Blockbuster or something, mainly because it's such a cool store.

They stock thousands of titles, and not just the same Spider-Man 2 crap you can find at Tower or Best Buy. Tons of rare, hard-to-find, foreign and cult movies too. And, as an employee, I get overnight rentals for free! Ha ha! Eat that, Netflix!

And everyone who works there seemed pretty cool, at least from what I could tell during my first shift. I met an employee named Ari who agrees with me that Garden State was one of the worst films of 2004. So, hey, I got that going for me.

Also, I had a celebrity sighting on my very first day. That guy from West Wing. No, not that guy, the other guy. The little, weasely one. No, the other one. Yeah, that guy.

No comments: