Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Internet Dollar Experiment

Don't know if you guys saw some jackass' comment on my previous post. It's a guy, named Jason, and he wants you to send him a dollar in Paypal, in the hopes that one million people will do this and he can finally stop giving handjobs behind the 7-11 for loose change. I'm just assuming here...his name might not be Jason at all.

Anyway, I would put the link to his website in this article, but that would just encourage him. If you're really desperate to contribute to this guy's ironic experiment, check out his comment here.

See, I just kind of resent people using the blog here simply to advertise their own websites. I've had Inertia going for a little over a month now, and it's hard to get people to come and check out your site, but I've never really resorted to simply visiting other people's sites and leaving a straight-up advertisement for myself. I always try to genuinely comment on whatever the blogger is talking about, and then simply leave my web address there, so if people think I have any particular insight they can check out my writing on their own.

Jason here is just willy-nilly posting his website all around the Net in the hopes that some people will click on it out of curiosity. He also has nothing to say, and a lame idea that will not work or entertain anyone.

So, Jason, I will not be sending you a dollar just for setting up a website. If you'd like to actually earn a dollar, I'll meet you behind the 7-11 in 10 minutes. Tell no one.

No comments: