Monday, December 13, 2004

The Chronicles of Narnia

I liked the cartoon The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe when I was a kid, so I read a few of the Narnia books (which ones, I don't quite remember). I thought they were okay, and then, a few years later, I found out they were all really about Jesus and stuff, and I totally lost interest.

But the new Narnia film being made by Walden and Disney does sound interesting, mainly because all the practical effects work is being done by the geniuses at WETA, the crew responsible for the eye-popping effects in Lord of the Rings. Harry Knowles over at Aint It Cool premiered a sneak peek at some of the work being done on the film at his annual 24-hour film festival/birthday party the Butt-Numb-a-Thon, and now this footage is available online. I highly recommend checking it out here.

The movie doesn't open until a year from now, but it's never too early to start being unnecessarily bombarded by hype about a movie, right?

No comments: