Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Sick Day

I was supposed to work at the video store all day today, but I have called in sick. But it's not a lie. I really am sick. I was up all night with what I can only imagine is food poisoning from the Chinese food I had last night. But my roommate Nathan ate food from the same spot, and is currently sleeping comfortably (and, judging from his usual sleep pattern, will remain so until at least 4 pm).

I feel bad, as I've only been working there for two weeks, and already I'm taking sick days, but what can I do in this situation? I can't hang around in a video store in this condition all day - in addition to making myself miserable, I'm certain co-workers don't want to be around me either.

So, I'll surely now have the reputation at Laser Blazer for being a work-ditcher, which is not exactly the best impression to make right away. Oh well. At least it's only a video store job, and not something more important, like investment banking. That's the kind of job where you just sort of have to show up and push through the pain.

No comments: