Friday, March 17, 2006

I've HAD it with Snakes

I warned you all about 2006's most anticipated film, Snakes on a Plane, once before. Well, at long last, we have a trailer. Yes, this film is real, it's opening in August, and it features Samuel L. Jackson kicking the ass of a whole lot of snakes, whilst on a plane.

Check out the trailer here.

Is it just me, or does this trailer feature some of the worst CGI of the modern era? Those snakes could not look less real if they were made of rubber and still had an "Hecho en Mexico" sticker on them.

I guess New Line figured that it's really the concept that will get people into the theater, not the effects. I mean, who doesn't want to see Sam Jackson whip a guy with a venemous snake? That image alone's probably worth a $7 matinee.

Seriously, though, after watching this trailer - which admittedly feels thrown together - for a movie with a premise that sounds way too thin for a feature-length movie...I'm still thinking this might all be a joke. Is there a real movie with Samuel L. Jackson, maybe a Hollywood comedy, opening later this year? Can this thing possibly be an actual film?

[And while we're talking about highly anticipated 2006 films, have you all heard that Radiohead will provide an original soundtrack for Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly. Honestly, I couldn't be any more excited about this film. An animated piece done in the same style as the brilliant Waking Life, adapting a Philip K. Dick story and scored by my favorite band. Hells yes.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Radiohead? Holy shit. Can't wait.

Lons said...

I know! Just when you think the movie can't possibly sound any sweeter, they go and get my favorite band to do the soundtrack.