Monday, January 17, 2005

I Have a Dream

It's MLK Day, so before I go to work, I thought I'd let you know about the weird dream I had last night. Hey, that's themed!

I was at an airport and didn't know why I was there. I knew it wasn't LAX, so I assumed I had just flown somewhere. Then, my friend Tim and comedian Patton Oswalt (this is true!) came and met me at the terminal and told me I was late, that we all had passes to see a movie that started in 20 minutes.

So, I was at the Sundance Film Festival. Aren't I a nerd? I dream about watching foreign movies.

But for some reason, Sundance was being held this year in a big city, at a hotel, instead of Park City, Utah, in movie theaters. And this is where the dream starts getting too strange to describe. It ends with me nervous about getting back to LA for some reason.

All my dreams are like this. When my friend Aaron has a dream, it's always this big narrative thing he likes to tell me about the next day. But mine are always just little situations I'm in that make me nervous. I guess it's telling that I'm always scared of something in my dreams. Scared of what, I don't know.

So, there you go. Martin Luther King dreamt of racial brotherhood, I dream of film festivals in strange far-off cities. That's why he's a Reverend and I work at a video store, I guess.

No comments: