Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hello? Is This Thing On?

I look at that hit counter far too often. I try not to, because I tell myself I don't really care how many people visit the blog or what stories they read or whatever. But this isn't true. I do care, even though I try not to. So I look at that hit counter at least once a day.

And I've noticed over the past few days, this blog has become an echo chamber. I think 5 people have visited thus far today, which is low even by newbie Inertia standards. So, is there anybody out there? Why hast thou all forsaken me?

I know yesterday was heavy on the film reviews, but I've fallen behind and wanted to catch up. I've actually been watching a lot of different stuff as well, like Million Dollar Baby (which is good!). So many films, so little time, you know?

So, anyway, if you have a specific reason you think people are jumping blog, so to speak, why not leave it in the comments section below? I can always use some constructive criticism.

4 comments:

Ling said...

I've only read this post so far but thought to just say hi even if you don't know me cos comments are cool.

Lons said...

Hey, Ling, thanks for stopping by and commenting! Please go on and read some of the actual articles that aren't just me bitching and moaning about the lack of blog response.

Lons said...

Wow, Boyd, wow.

I guess it's like they say. Ask a silly question...

mynym said...

My blogs are a little slower than normal in the past month, anecdotal evidence of something?

I think it might be a trend after the holidays and New Years, is all. I could be wrong. It would be interesting to see a site with general trends of blog traffic. I know it goes down on weekends, typically. Mine are high on Mondays or Tuesdays typically. I would not say you're doing anything wrong.

Political posts always risk alienating people, but I've always figured if they cannot stand a difference in opinion then don't be reading blogs.

I think it's all fine. You're best on opinionated movie reviews, in my opinion.

Later.