Friday, June 08, 2007

The Thrilling Joke

I may be looking forward to Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins follow-up more than any other film. There's lots I want to see coming up, for sure, like Sicko, There Will Be Blood, No Country for Old Men, American Gangster and that Spike Jonze-directed, Dave Eggers-scripted Where the Wild Things Are adaptation that I can't believe actually exist.

Most of those will open before The Dark Knight. Dang. I seriously can't wait. The first film was, in my opinion, the best comic book movie ever made by a considerable margin. And the second one features The Joker. And Not Katie Holmes!

Anyway, here's a photo from the set with Heath Ledger in his Joker make-up. Because film studios are ridiculous bastards, he happens to be standing BEHIND a pane of glass, obscuring the image. But it's still...you know...cool.



My thanks to Jason for e-mailing me this picture.

No comments: