Sunday, April 02, 2006

Your Batshit Insane Quote of the Day

Referring to a wave of demonstrations in recent weeks, Rep. Virgil Goode of Virginia said, "I say if you are here illegally and want to fly the Mexican flag, go to Mexico and wave the American flag."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/03/30/national/w141912S10.DTL

But...wait...Rep. Goode...I want to fly the Mexican flag. Why would I go to Mexico and wave the American flag? First off, I don't want to "wave" a flag at all. That's totally homo unless you're actually in the process of fighting a war during the flag-waving, and it's being used as part of an important semaphore communication to headquarters. I want to fly a flag, which is far more patriotic, manly and socially acceptable.

But more importantly, I don't see the sense in someone wanting to fly a Mexican flag who goes to Mexico and flies an American flag. Please explain.

No comments: