Saturday, March 11, 2006

Welcome to the World

My friends Ray and Erin had a baby yesterday. Well, okay, fine, Erin had the baby. Ray came in to open the video store today, which represents a kind of employer loyalty that I will never understand.

I guess life goes on and all that, but I think if I had been a father for less than 12 hours, I'd probably still be in the hospital. Not to provide my wife with moral and emotional support, but because I'd be having acute panic attacks, coupled with nausea, dizziness and hyperventilation.



This is the bouncing baby boy, young Brayden. Which is a cool name, in that it sounds like the lead character in a Mel Gibson movie or a fighting game. No, no, I kid, I kid...

And now that I'm reading over that paragraph, perhaps bouncing is not really all that accurate a term. I'd say one should probably refrain from actually bouncing one's newborn infant for at least a few days. You've got to let the little guy adjust to life on Earth before sending him unpredictably hurtling through the atmosphere.

Anyway congrats to Ray and Erin are in order. Also, diapers and suggestions for how to get doody stains out of high quality fabrics.

4 comments:

rayslucky13 said...

LOL!!! The panic attacks,nausea, dizziness and hyperventilation, I'm sad to report, last WELL past the initial 12 hours. Unfortunately I'm slowly learning that those uncomfortable feelings will probably last until I breathe my last breath....nice little bonus huh?

Thanks for your funny post, friendship and support Lons, your a great friend.

Anonymous said...

What a genuinely nice thing that you did by choosing to acknowledge the birth of a baby boy on your "Blog." It is a welcome change to read something that is human and pleasant and to which the average person can relate. I believe sir, that you are a man of character, in addition to being a brilliant writer. Congratulations to Ray and Erin and "Welcome to Baby Brayden!

penguininthesun said...

Brayden's a cool name. I agree that bouncing a baby after birth probably isn't the wisest idea.

Lons said...

Let me go ON, like a penguin in the sun, let me go O-O-ON, big hands I know you're the one.

Sorry, couldn't help myself for some reason.