Saturday, November 12, 2005

I'm Sick Like an Idiot Over Here

Ugh...

I woke up yesterday morning not feeling very well, a feeling which morphed into a disease-ridden nightmare a few hours later. We're in Day 2 of the illness now, and I'm not sneezing and blowing my nose quite as much, but I have the added delight of coughing up fun stuff every few minutes.

I was going to post this yesterday, a brief note telling you all I was sick and apologizing for not blogging more, but I literally could not pull myself out of bed for the vast majority of the afternoon and evening. Instead, I watched Midnight Run, Werner Herzog's documentary Lessons of Darkness about Saddam's torching of Iraq's oil fields during Gulf War the First, and a few episodes of "Veronica Mars" before passing out in a Nyquil daze.

Today, as I said, some of the symptoms have subsided. I can now sit up and walk around without my sinuses experiencing pressure such as they would in the Marianas Trench. And, as I said, I am blowing my nose less, which hopefully means my roommates will have some toilet paper left over for the next day or two.

But I still don't feel what I would consider...good. Or even okay. I don't get sick very often (in fact, I dare say this is the first time this calendar year in which I have actually been sick), but when I do, it's fairly unpleasant.

Actually, I'm not sure about that. It could be that, because I don't get sick very often, I'm a total wuss about it. Maybe I feel right now like most people do when they get sick, even though they still manage to pick themselves up and go about the business of their day. I, on the other hand, can't get out of bed for any longer than it takes to fetch another container of orange juice from the fridge.

No comments: