Wednesday, August 24, 2005

They're Snakes! And They're On a Plane!

I was sure this movie was a joke. Like, a fake movie, a hoax being played by some Hollywood studio. Maybe as an advertising campaign for some future real movie. But, alas, no...I have been assured by a few different people whom I consider "in the know" that this movie is actually for really real.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Snakes on a Plane.



Yeah, it's about snakes on a plane. That's not a metaphor or anything.

The film stars...sigh...Samuel L. Jackson.



Is it just me, or is Samuel L. Jackson turning into Dave Chappelle's impression of him?

"That's right, I'm motherfucking FBI, motherfuckers! Look at my badge, bitch!"

Sammy's FBI. He's providing protective custody to a witness in a huge organized crime case. Also on the flight is...an assassin, who tries to kill the witness by releasing a crate of deadly, venemous snakes.

Seems an unnecessarily difficult way to kill a guy. I guess you have deniability - "Oh, man, I totally don't know how all those snakes got loose" - but you also have to be on a plane filled with venemous snakes for a few hours. Which is kind of a drawback.



Oh, snap, Kenan, there's totally a snake right behind you! Look out!

Wow, even the photos from this movie are intense. Seriously, folks, this is good news. Some guy got paid half a million dollars to write a 2 hour feature about deadly snakes crawling all over airline passengers. So anything's possible!

2 comments:

Book said...

this has got to be a funny movie ..lol

Lons said...

Well, if you didn't call it "Snakes on a Plane," how would anyone know what the movie's about?