Friday, June 10, 2005

Winnie Fucking Cooper!



Oh, what would Kevin and Paul say if they could see this?

For those few people who don't recognize the scantily-clad female in that photo, you clearly didn't watch a lot of network TV in the late 80's and early 90's. It's Danica McKeller, the girl-next-door of TV's "The Wonder Years," a very nostalgic show for people in my general demographic.

Which is why seeing her splayed out like this in Stuff Magazine serves as yet another reminder that I'm getting old. Old enough to see the youthful icons of my childhood starting to get desperate about their fading (or, in this case, nearly nonexistant) fame and accepting offers from wanky "lad mags" for lingerie shoots. It sucks.



Don't get me wrong...Winnie looks good. She's clearly been working on her abs. They're doing that thing where they stick in kind of, like they have some sort of divot, and not even every thin person has that going on, so that's something. I'm just tired of fond 80's and early 90's nostalgia. It's like we're all so fascinated that we were kids at the same time, and so we remember the same things. Like that sugary Batman cereal and Atari 2600 games and Voltron.

Yeah, I got it, it's weird to remember stuff like that. And, yeah, Flock of Seagulls, Karate Kid, it's great, it's great, just shut the hell up already.

I'm as guilty of cheap nostalgia as anyone, I suppose. I do pepper some of the posts with 80's music references and whatnot. But, hey, it's part of my consciousness. Why just tonight, at the video store, we had Over the Top playing on the TV in the back, and my co-worker Sig and I discussed that song from (what else?) Karate Kid.

You know...that one that goes..."You're the best...around...nothing's gonna ever keep you down..."

And, hey, I clicked on the FARK link to oogle the pictures of Winnie Cooper in the first place...I've really got no argument here.

So, basically, ignore this entire post. It's just a stupid excuse to post hot pictures of an old TV star. Forget I said anything.

No comments: