Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Imbiber of Seville

An entire post just for one amusing sentence. It's from a local news report out of Seminole County, Florida, and here it is:

Mitchell Raulerson, 55, of Seville, was stopped in Sanford by an officer who was suspicious about his hand-drawn license plate.

This was Raulerson's 16th DUI, which has to place him in some sort of national sweepstakes for "Most DUI's Leading To Stupidest Arrest." I mean, your 16th DUI and you get arrested with a hand-drawn license plate...Did he think that would work?

Did he honestly sit down and doodle and license plate, and then stick it on his car, and step back and observe it and finally decide, "Yeah, some cop is totally gonna go for this. Time to get loaded!"

A Seminole sheriff's sergeant said Raulerson's speech was slurred, his eyes were bloodshot and he had empty beer cans in his van.

But how did they know he was drunk?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not with you on this one, Bro! I don't feel the need to defend my positon on "Race," because that is what you are inferring if the Billboard is not to one's liking. I personally find it offensive. I am fuly aware of the historical background of Caslifornia, as it pertains to becoming a United States territory, so no need to bring me up to date. It shows a definate lack of respect, particularly when the advertising is aimed at foreign nationals. (Guests in our country, at least until they apply for citizenship. Some maybe never do apply.) It is also irritating, because the broadcasting station is owned by, and the advertising paid for by "Lieberman Broadcasting Company." A very American Company! Also, I am surprised to learn that you are living in the L.A. area and have not been exposed to one of the signs. I was told by the Advertising Company that there are approximately 76 Billboards throughout Los Angeles proper. You certainly succeeded in elevating my blood pressure and not too many writers are capable of doing that!
Touche