Monday, February 28, 2005

Meaningless Milestones

I guessed that by the time I returned from work today, the blog would've received 5000 hits. It happened sooner than I thought. We're well over 5050 already. I'm, frankly, amazed. I knew there were a lot of people out there on the Internet with free time, but I had no idea how many. And how much free time they have! Don't you people have jobs?

Anyway, we may have reached a milestone, but I'm not going to go changing the site just because my mom's reloaded the page 5,000 times. It is, after all, a meaningless milestone, a nice round number with no significance. The blog's no more popular than it was yesterday or the day before. Well, maybe it's a little less popular, as I haven't been updating so often this week, but you get what I mean.

No comments: