Thursday, August 18, 2005

We Fucks You Ups, Man...We Takes the Money

As I mentioned in the blog not long ago, I recently won a screenwriting contest providing me with around $2000 of spending money. No, no, please, don't stand up and applaud at your desks...it's okay, really...

So, the money's not all gone already, or even mostly gone, but more of it's gone than should be. Honestly, I don't even know what I spend it all on, it just disappears. Not that I'm saying it isn't my fault - it's totally my fault. No one's taking any money out of there but me. I don't have some weird junkie friend who somehow learned my PIN number.

But I don't feel like I'm buying more stuff than usual. I suppose I am...it's just that it's mostly not fun stuff like DVD's or video games or Escalades...Things I'd notice having around.

It's stuff like bug spray, which I've had to purchase a decent amount of lately, because otherwise the insects would have finished colonizing my room completely. Seriously, the insect community of Palms, CA apparently views my room as 17th Century North America. Unfortunately, in this particular metaphor, they're Europe and I'm the Sioux. You know where this is going.

So bug spray is all I have for my last stand. I've managed to hold off the hordes thus far, but the end is nigh. It's like Helms Deep...the Orcs can be kept at bay only so long before they simply overrun my barrier of toxins.

So, yeah, I buy that, and I guess I just buy lunch more often, rather than just skipping it and waiting until I get home to eat. And I did, in fact, buy a few DVD's in the past week or two. (Hey, come on, it's Season 1 of "The Muppet Show"! Who am I to resist?) And some concert tickets. (The Fiery Furnaces are playing the Troubadour...You gotta see that...)

And that's where the money goes. I was initially thinking of using a chunk of the cash for an all-region DVD player, but at the rate it's already going, I might just hang on to the rest of it for incidentals. You know, like more bug spray. And drugs. But mostly bug spray. If only they could find some way to combine the two...

3 comments:

Horsey said...

Hey, you had a script in a competition? Then it's out in public? Can we read it?

Lons said...

Horse, my man, you are welcome to read it whenever you please...Now, getting a copy to you up in the Bay Area...

Horsey said...

Are you against digital copies? If you aren't just email me a text file or PDF file to SpasticWilliams@gmail.com

I'm not working. I can have comments back to you in like 24 hours!