Friday, July 29, 2005

Leaving My Apartment

I hate it. Not like I love my apartment so much. For one thing, it's full of ants. We bought some bug spray, and so I'm capable of killing the ants whenever I see them, but even after you do that, you're still surrounded by dead ants that you have to scoop up with a paper towel. It's like taking part in a tiny little genocide, but what choice do I have? I'm already sharing this apartment with two other dudes, I can't handle millions of insects.

But despite these apartment drawbacks, I still prefer hanging out in myapartment to going anywhere. This point was driven home this afternoon, when I was supposed to go to a meeting-of-sorts over in Burbank.

I was all set to go, dressed in office-appropriate attire, walking to my car, when I got a call from the person whose office I was set to visit. A problem had developed there, everyone would be busy all afternoon, and the meeting would need to be pushed back to next week.

Now, this was not really a big deal, but I have to tell you, it felt like being granted a mini-vacation. The entire day suddenly opened up before me - I could do with it whatever I want! (It looks like it will be blogging and watching Superman, just so you know).

I hadn't even realized before that it bugged me having to go to someone else's office on my day off. I really hadn't even considered it consciously. But now, not having to do it, I felt so relieved, so glad to have the extra time to myself. So happy to not have to go anywhere or do anything.

I am a profoundly lazy guy. Quite possibly the second-laziest in Los Angeles County...which, as you know, would put me rather high in the running for laziest worldwide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does THE laziest person in LA county happen to be one of your roomates?