Thursday, May 25, 2006

You Can't Stop the Music, Nobody Can Stop the Music

Full respect goes out to Ace Cowboy at Slack LaLane for finding this huge compendium of online 80's music videos. It's a great collection, though by no means complete in terms of awesome 80's cheese. For example, though there is a Grim Reaper song in the gallery, it's not the classic "See You in Hell," one of the most outrageously ridiculous 80's metal videos ever. Also, you get Thomas Dolby, not it's a song other than "She Blinded Me With Science," which I must say, is a pretty glaring oversight.

If you're my age, it's possible to spend hours looking through this videos with a kind of bittersweet nostalgia seasoned delicately with nausea. I'm in the precarious spot of forever treasuring some of the worst pop culture artifacts of all time. I mean, to come of age when mohawks were trendy, every decor included green and pink neon, the Miami Sound Machine poured out of every jukebox and Judy Tenuda was America's favorite comic...it makes me shudder even now as I'm blogging.

No comments: