Saturday, January 21, 2006

Chris Matthews is Worse Than Osama Bin Laden

Of course, I would never write anything like that. At least, not without being ironic. Because it's stupid to compare any non-murderer with Osama bin Laden, a known mass murderer. Let alone a non-murderer whose worst offense is making a pointed and rhetoric-filled documentary film. I mean, I really hated Michael & Me, but I'm not suggesting Larry Elder is a modern-day Pol Pot or anything.

So, can anyone explain to me why Chris Matthews would say that Osama bin Laden reminds him of Michael Moore on his latest tape? Or, if we all accept that such a ridiculously stupid remark could have no logical explanation, can anyone explain to me why this assclown still works for MSNBC?

This is real. Crooks and Liars has the video right here. What a scumbag. I've reported before about how Chris Matthews talks incessant, meaningless shit all fucking day to anyone who will listen, pretending to be a journalist when he's more like a bad handicapper. But he's never stooped to the worst, most vile kinds of rhetoric, the kind generally reserved for the bottom of the Right Wing foodchain.

I mean, comparing a guy who makes films to Osama bin Laden? Que the hell? Even if you disagree with Michael Moore, and think he's a really bad guy for calling the president a liar and a crook or whatever...would you say he's reminiscent of Osama bin Laden? I mean, he's kind of down on big corporations, but I've never personally heard him call for a jihad on them.

(Moore's predictably amusing response to Matthews' "joke" can be found here.)

Shakespeare's Sister makes an excellent point about the media's Michael Moore obsession. He's become the #1 target of attacks on "liberals" and the American Left despite being an outsider filmmaker with no real political power. In fact, when he's not actively promoting a new film or book, Moore's not even on TV or in the papers that much. (The blog goes so far as to point out how much more frequently Ann Coulter appears on TV than Moore.)

Is it just that he's an easy target, so the pundits on the opposite side focus their energy on him? Or is it just a famous name that has managed to make its way into the zeitgeist, so they can't afford to change targets and lose some of their audience. (There's no way to be certain, for example, that a long-term "Cindy Sheehan is an ugly old shrew" message will stick in the American consciousness beyond 2005.)

All the blogs are talking about this, and I felt I had to chime in, I guess, but I'm kind of done being outraged by this kind of idiocy. I mean, okay, we get it...pundits will say ANYTHING, no matter how offensive and crude, to get attention and win over the simple-minded. When you're competing for the attention of the world's lowest common denominator - for surely the dumbest Americans rank high among the dumbest HUMAN BEINGS ON EARTH - all you need to do is make a straight-forward value judgements with confidence, and repeat yourself often. THAT'S IT.

So, bearing that in mind, I'd like to reiterate once again that Sean Hannity molests young goats. The evidence for this is quite clear to anyone willing to look logically-minded at the situation. All the arguments (which I won't mention here) offered by the Right against Sean Hannity feeling up youthful farm animals for sexual pleasure have, I think by now, been thoroughly refuted.

Still don't believe that Sean Hannity, co-anchor of Hannity and Colmes and author of books like "The Idiot's Guide to Assholery" shamelessly exploits the naivete of inexperienced lower mammals? Check out this quote from a notable news blog from November 28th of last year:

...like the time I said that Sean Hannity molests kids. Obviously, that's not 100% accurate. He does molest kids, but I'm using that term to refer to young goats, not humans. I apologize for being misleading.

When will conservatives finally own up to the simple truth that Sean Hannity is a disgusting pervert? Until they do, I suspect Americans won't be taking them very seriously.

[UPDATE: Others are voicing their disdain for Chris Matthews here, if anyone is interested.]

1 comment:

Lons said...

Bill, why won't you directly address the allegations that Sean Hannity fondles goats?

Is it that you're afraid to admit that your political party secretly favors goat-fondling as policy, and know that the American people won't stand for it?

So you can make baseless attacks on me all day, that's fine. But don't you dare speak poorly of our nations goats, lambs and other hooved livestock. They are a proud part of our national heritage and I will not see them besmirched by your radical conservative rhetoric.