Sunday, August 07, 2005

Blazing Lasers

Can this week get any better? First, American Accolades sends me $2500 for a screenplay I had already written for free, amounting essentially to free money. Then, I found out there's a chance Kaysar can be voted back into the Big Brother house. (VOTE FOR HIM, BITCHES!)

And then today, a guy comes into Laser Blazer and leaves us two free laserdisc players.

Seriously. Just leaves them at the store. Doesn't want money for them or anything. What a guy! So my boss actually let me take one home, strictly as a loaner. But still! I have a laserdisc player in my room right now! I'm about to watch Michael Mann's 1980's horror-fantasy The Keep, starring Scott Glenn and Ian McKellan, thus far unreleased on DVD!

I also rented Leone's classic Fistfull of Dynamite and Patrice Leconte's 80's thriller Monsieur Hire. It makes you realize...even though it seems like most of everything is on DVD at this point, there are still so many unreleased movies to see. It never ends.

So with this, on top of going to the movies, on top of continuing to rent DVD's, and on top of spending some of my screenwriting prize money on an all-region DVD player...well, I have got a lot of films to watch. But that's okay cause, let's face it, I don't have much else to do.

No comments: