Friday, May 13, 2005

Feel feel feel feel feel...Feel My Heat

It's unbelievably hot in my apartment. I have a fan on a few feet away from me and it's still hot. The fan is actually blowing out hot air, which doesn't seem possible, and yet there it is...Perhaps I'm inside the Matrix and the laws of physics have lost all meaning...

I know there is a good reason for my room to be so hot. I'm on the second story of this apartment building, and we all know that heat rises, so that has to be part of it. (Actually, I had to look that up...) We have no centralized air conditioning, so that's definitely a factor. But it's so much hotter inside my room than outside! That's what makes no sense. How is the sun managing to hit the 3-square-foot area by my computer where I'm sitting and not the parking lot that's clearly outside, unfettered even by shade?

It makes it hard to do anything when your room is so hot all the time. Every time I want to motivate to write or clean up or do laundry, I get overwhelmed by the humidity factor in here and wind up watching another DVD instead. Okay, so that would probably go down even if I lived in Oslo, but you get what I'm saying.

Fortunately, I'll be leaving my apartment in about a half hour for the movie theater, a destination that's far cooler, and with potentially fewer of my undergarments strewn about the floor haphazardly.

No comments: