Sunday, August 26, 2007

All Your Sunday Songs

Here's sort of a grab bag of songs I've been listening to a lot this week, thanks to the fine, upstanding individuals at The SeeqPod Corporation:

Quantcast


The first song is off of the new Okkervil River LP, "The Stage Names," and the second is off Blitzen Trapper's latest disc, both of which were passed on to me by my brother. The third is one of my favorite tracks off of The Boggs' disc, "Forts." They're from New York and I read somewhere that they're part of the same scene as the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Walkmen, I guess, but it actually reminds me more of '80s British rock than anything else. Like Echo and the Bunnymen with less realistic British accents.

Then there's two really weird songs, the first one by Jesca Hoop and the second by a French collective called Malajube. The Hoop song's in English but I have no idea what it's actually about, and the second one's in French, so I really have no idea what it's about, but they're both good songs. Finally, a great bit of comedy from Patton Oswalt's latest CD, "Werewolves and Lollipops," which I actually went and purchased for myself in a real store! Hey, whatever will get the Bronfman's that extra island they've been itching for, that's my philosophy...

1 comment:

Juan Aguilar said...

Re: jesca hoopWho cares what it's about? It sounds neat.