Sunday, June 04, 2006

Here I'm Allowed Everything All the Time

It's possible to get very lost in the YouTube archives. I went over there to watch a few of these hilarious 80's videos but just starting doing random searches and poking around, and lost a few hours in the process.

In my excitement about getting to go see Radiohead in Berkeley in a few weeks, I checked out a few of YouTube's wide selection of the band's videos and live performances. Here are a few highlights:



A live performance, somewhere or another, of one of my favorite songs off of the "OK Computer" album, "Exit Music (For a Film)." I think of it as being one of the quieter song sfrom that record, but when they played it at Coachella, I was taken by the power of the song's conclusion. It's a very tight song, really builds in intensity over a relatively short period of time.



I didn't even know they made a video for "Idioteque." This is why MTV needs to show more videos and less shows focusing on the unfunny antics of one Nicholas Cannon. Thom Yorke looks downright creepy in this video, all gnashing, crooked teeth and uneven haircut. He looks kind of like an unfortunately hairy, starving infant.



This is a particularly kickass version of "Go To Sleep" from the 2003 Glastonbury Festival.



Okay, fine, so that last one is Men Without Hats and not Radiohead. Sue me.

I love how, at the beginning of the "Safety Dance" video, the man of normal height, presumably one of the Men Without Hats, and the midget are just walking around aimlessly in a field. Then he spots a village and points it out to his diminutive friend.

What were they going to do if they hadn't spotted thevillage? Are they just a wandering normal/midget team traveling across the land teaching people how to make a peculiar curving motion with their forearms?

1 comment:

comprar tablet pc said...

The writer is totally fair, and there is no question.