Wednesday, December 28, 2005

An Excellent Day for Blogging

Today has been, like, the best day for Crushed by Inertia since its inception. Well, one of the best...Today is the day I finally have started to genuinely irritate conservatives. I feel like, after a full year of writing, that I have now arrived.

This morning, I found that Pajamas Media, where the overweight congregate to hate, had dismissively linked to my review of Munich. This didn't actually boost my traffic in any way, but hey, a little recognition is always appreciated.

But now, at the end of the day, I find that Greg Tinti of The Political Pit Bull himself has responded to my post of last night about the word "kerfuffle." He has awarded me the title of Most Paranoid Blogger of the Day. Of course, the fact that it only took him one day to start declaring me a paranoid delusional may actually reflect positively on my thinking. Surely, if the Tinti were to post a response to everyone online who finds his ideas crass, silly, vulgar or unacceptable, he'd be extraordinarily busy.

Of course, Greg also fails to mention that all three uses of the word "kerfuffle" relate to the same issue - recent White House scandals. (Two refer to the NSA-surveillance scandal, and the other to the Valerie Plame-leak scandal). Imagine if three well-known literary blogs all described a new book as "perspicacious" on the same day. Sure, it could be a coincidence, but it would be an awfully strange coincidence. You might even think that one of those bloggers just read the other's review and copied the good parts over, or that the word "perspicacious" was used in a press release or advertisement for the book...And that's really all I'm saying about the right-wing blogosphere. They just repeat one another endlessly, influenced directly by whatever they're hearing from the PR team back at Pennsylvania Ave.