Sunday, December 19, 2004

Tucker Everlasting

Media Bistro reports today that Tucker Carlson is getting his own primetime show on MSNBC. Oh, joy.

I hate this bowtied freak, and not just because Jon Stewart had the grapes to call him out on national television, either. Because he's a spineless wonk, a tool of the extreme right wing who makes their ridiculous ideas about government more palatable to ill-informed voters. And as if this weren't enough, he then pretends to be an impartial, journalistic observer, merely reporting what he sees. Disgraceful.

For example, here's a quote from a Salon interview with Carlson in September of 2003:

I'm not a Bush defender, particularly. I defend him when his actions intersect with my beliefs, but I'm not a partisan at all. I'm not interested in parties, in fact I'm opposed to party loyalty in principle. It sort of makes me sick, actually.

Partisan politics make him physically ill? The guy who represents the Right every week on "Crossfire"? Huh?

Anyway, I can't wait to not watch this guy every day on MSNBC. Maybe he'll join Billy O in our Inertia Hall of Shame. Although, I'd have to watch him in order to pull out funny quotes, and I'm not sure I'm ready to devote myself to this pursuit all that fully.

No comments: