Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm Gonna Be Late For Work...

But this is too awesome not to mention. Worldwide Internet laughingstock Pajamas Media has highlighted my Munich review, sarcastically, in their brief column on the movie. I think they are attacking my view of the film, but if so, I don't really understand the complaint.

Crushed by Inertia noted, without a trace of irony, that "Munich is Spielberg's second film of 2005 dealing with a clash of civilizations. The first was this summer's more effects-heavy but equally contemplative War of the Worlds", the difference being that Munich is "a war film in which war is unwinnable, a revenge film in which the vengeance sought by the heroes is grisly and horrific and unsatisfying and incomplete".

Well, personally, I think everything I write has at least a trace of irony. But more importantly, why should I be ironic about that statement. War of the Worlds is, in fact, about a clash of civilizations. The fact that one civilization is fictional doesn't really matter within the context of the film. To speak of it as a film, in terms of theme or genre, it's still a war film, even though its war never really happened. And that film, though it has its problems, is very thoughtful about the ramifications of living in a nation under attack.

I guess they're just upset that I view the murdering of Palestinians to be grisly, horrific and unsatisfying. (There can be no argument that the plan in Munich remains incomplete. 2 of the Palestinian targets remain alive to this day.)

There's a good new logline for the website:

Pajama's Media: Where The Pre-Meditated Murder of Palestinians Is Charming, Fun and Entirely Satisfying!

UPDATE:

Okay, near as I can figure, the post at Pajamas Media linking to the blog here has been up since about 9 a.m. this morning, possibly earlier. That would make it 9 hours since they have been linking to CBI. So far, I have seen an extremely slight increase in traffic. For the entire day yesterday, I received 90 unique hits. Today, as of 6:30 p.m., I've received 96. Granted, that's arleady 6 more, and there's 5.5 hours yet to go, so the number4 will likely be 15-25 hits higher than yesterday.

But, I mean, I'm the seecond link from an article posted on the blog's front page. (It's the fourth article under TOP STORIES). How many hits are they getting a day over there, with their millions of dollars invested and famous names? When I was linked on Gorilla Mask, I received 10,000 hits in a single day, and probably still get 20 hits a day from their archives page. When even a single online Washington Post story links to my blog via Technorati, I get 30-50 extra hits.

Personally, I'm not terribly concerned. I don't really expect this page to ever attract more than few hundred people a day. But this just makes PM/OSM look really bad. They clearly aren't generating much traffic or readership or even remote interest in their material.

No comments: