Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Billy Shats

Yesterday was the first day since I started Crushed by Inertia that I have not updated. And let me just say, I missed all of you horribly.

I had to work all day, was the thing, and then I went out to dinner with a friend and watched "American Idol" and the next thing I knew, it was early Wednesday morning and Inertia had withered untended for an entire day.

And, to make things worse, I'm really tired and in no mood to write up some movie review or whatever this evening. I still owe you all a review of The Arcade Fire show at the Troubadour the other night (short version: HELL YES!).

But, I just wanted to post this small note before bedtime. Someone pointed out to me that I neglected to mention William Shatner's Golden Globe win for "Boston Legal" the other night, despite my alleged fan worship of Billy Shats aka James T. Kirk aka T.J. Hooker aka paranoid, leisure-suit-wearing conman/gigolo Matt Stone.



If you got that last reference without clicking the IMDB link, congrats. You're a total dork.

Anyway, my oversight was due to the fact that I've never seen "Boston Public," and have little to no input to offer about the show or Shatner's level of performance. So, I neglected to mention it, though clearly some observation of Bill's considerable achievement was in order.

I've been listening to Shatner's new album, made in tandem with musician Ben Folds, "Has Been." It's a spoken word/experimental/rock/pop/lounge thing where Shats babbles somewhat aimlessly over Folds' musical wankery. Pretty cool, and it features Bill's take on the Pulp classic "Common People" as well, so you can't go wrong, really.

So, Anonymous Poster, thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to keep you all much more closely updated on the comings and goings of the Rocket Man in the future.

And I promise to update tomorrow a bit more, even though I'm working all day at the video store for the third day in a row. It's a rough life, I know.

No comments: